Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Its Been Awhile

So I'd like to say that I have a good reason for not posting in over a week. I could come up with a few:

  • work got busy
  • in-laws came to town
  • had to clean house (see excuse above)
  • running 20 & 14 mile weekends and 8 mile weekdays
  • volunteering with JL
  • starting Yoga class
  • new season of TV

But really I was just lazy. I kind of forgot. While I run I come up with some great posts. They just don't usually translate into much once I am back at home. I am in a weird state right now though. I am trying to figure out what to do with myself fitness-wise once the marathon is over (only 11 days!). I even found myself looking up beginner sprint distance triathlon training programs this morning. It would be a good thing to do in the winter - an excuse to join the gym even. The training plan called for 5 days a week. I don't know if I am that dedicated. If we had a stationary bike, then I could do the run/cycle portion at home in front of the TV and only have to go to the gym for the swim part. That could work for me this winter. Now I have to see if there are any sprint triathlons in the area? Any at home so my family can actually see me race for once? Are triathlons as forgiving to slowpokes like myself as marathons are? hmmmm

This is why I haven't written in awhile. Thoughts just come out and are a messy flood. Too many questions, not enough time to sort out all the answers. What I need is just some time off to recoup, and then I will sign up for my next race.....:)

No comments: