Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Getting back into things

So I ran on the treadmill (it was too cold to run outside) for the first time since the marathon. I actually used an incline (which I never did while training). It was only a 1, but at least it was something and I kept my pace at a 5.5 (which is a 10:54 mile). I only ran for 3.2 miles (to ensure that I could do a 5K if I wanted since that is what started this whole crazy running idea). It felt good. I am still amazed at myself that I am that person who runs on a treadmill for a workout. I just have to get back into something. I am thinking about doing a 5K on Friday night. I'd really like J to do it with me, and we could just walk it. We could bring the dog, it would be a fun, different thing to do on Halloween. I just don't want to loose this stamina and ability to run 3 miles without feeling like it was torture. I have come so far since March and I'd like to keep it up.

BTW - is anyone else shocked that its Nov. on Saturday?

No comments: