Thursday, October 30, 2008

Back in the sadle...

So I am running my first post marathon race tomorrow night. I hadn't signed up for it but I asked a few TNT running friends if they were interested and since they agreed I will be running the Fright Nite 5k in Gahanna tomorrow night. It will be good for me to keep up my running. I would like to do it in under 35 min. I think I can increase my speed knowing that I am only running 3 miles. I know, kinda sick that I am saying only 3 miles.

J is on the phone right now with a friend talking about our plans for tomorrow and how I will be running a 5K and then we will be going out. After my first 5K I thought I needed a big carb loading breakfast and that I'd just completed the race to end all races. Here I am about to do another one and thinking to myself - this is nothing. I will barely break a sweat. It will be fun to reminisce with Brian, Kevin and Nikki about our first 5K together. I had no idea who Kevin was, Nikki flew past us, Brian couldn't run more than 2 miles and I had to go back and walk him in after I finished. In the end Brian beat both Nikki and myself in the marathon. Its amazing how far we've all come as runners.

My mom even pulled the I told you so with me tonight. I told her that I ran yesterday and that I would run in a race tomorrow and the first thing she said was "I knew it. I knew you weren't done with running." I never said I was going to be done with running. It was just marathons that I feel that I am done with. I can't imagine running another one of those. But after a baby, I may have new goals for myself. I keep thinking triathlon.... That is post baby though (knock on wood).
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow we have a department meeting. Our first since I've been there. I have become the go to person to help people with many things. I even designed what I think will be the LOGO for the new cafe that opens next month. Me - designing a logo for an actual establishment? You've got to be kidding me! It only took like 5 minutes. No big deal. I will send pictures when It gets made and actually used :)

No comments: