- Monday - Veal Milanese - ok, J liked it more than I did
- Tuesday - zucchini pie (see recipe and comments below)
- Wednesday - Lemon Fusilli as made by RA
- Thursday - clams cooked on the grill
- Friday - on the road again, so no cooking, only 10 hours of driving
Here it is:Ingredients
- 3 cups diced zucchini
- 4 beaten eggs (I used 1 Cup of egg beaters)
- 1 cup Bisquick (I used the light and healthy kind)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup grating cheese (I used mild cheddar - and thus this qualifies as a cheese recipe)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- mix ingredientspour into greased 9 inch pie pan bake 425 degrees for an hour
SEE HOW EASY! Gotta love it!
Recipe courtesy of my mother-in-law
Was the recipe easy to follow? Super easy - how could I mess it up, it was only 3 steps
Did the dish taste good? It was pretty good...not amazing. It tasted better with green tabasco on it.
Would you ever make it again? We said we would although we would do some things differently. We might add a different cheese, maybe parmesean. We also would add more salt. And fnally I would consider adding some kind of meat, either bacon or ham. Just because I think the salt would be good for the meal (I also could cut out some of the oil I think if I did this).
And since I sometimes try to think about weight watchers I figured the points for 1/4 of this recipe - 8 pts - a bit high for no meat, but that's b/c of the oil.
Still looking for the recipe to match week one's awesomeness. Next week I am home in CT some there will probably some pics of dad making a recipe - does that count - you bettcha! He's a good cook who is always looking for new recipes.