Sunday, July 13, 2008

Saturday Night Date Night

So I had a lot going on on Saturday. I had to run 9 miles at 8 and then from noon to 5 I had to work at a Disc Golf Tournament to raise money for Team in Training. I told J that he was in charge of dinner on Saturday. It was to be a date night. I didn't care what we did or where we went, I just didn't want to come home and say, what do you want to do tonight and have to figure it out.

J told me mid-day he was going to Weiland's (I was a bit disappointed because I really do want to go out to a nice dinner here in CBus - we haven't been to one in awhile on a Saturday night) and then later he sent me a text that we were to be having a tasting dinner with wines. We love tasting menus so I was excited about where. When I got home I learned that J had planned a tasting menu here at the house for us. Very impressed. He bought flowers, lit candles and typed out a menu. I didn't take pictures but here was the menu:

Crisp Asparagus Salad with a Tarragon Vinaigrette Dressing
Lime-Grilled Mahi-Mahi served with Fresh Corn Fritters
Wild Mushroom Risotto
Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon served over Bordelaise
Toasted Almond Gelato served over shavings of Bittersweet Belgium Chocolate

There was also a cheese course we didn't get to and a white wine, a red wine and a moscato that J served. Needless to say a much better than expected date night and it was kinda nice to be home....although I do still want to go to a somewhat nice dinner sometime soon....

No comments: