Sunday, May 18, 2008

Resturant Review: Jimmy V's - Grandview

So today I told J that since yesterday was all about me and what I wanted to do, today was his day. For lunch he chose Jimmy Vs. He had read a few review of it online and thought that he would give it a try. One of the things that J had read a lot about was their wings so we felt that we had to give them a try. Our order was a Philly panini with fries (Js order), I chose the Philly burger, with a side of onion rings and we shared the wings with blue cheese and celery (you pay an extra $2.50 for them.

Here's the round up:

My burger was a great homemade burger and quite juicy, just the way a medium rare should be. It was topped with sauteed onions an peppers and shredded provolone cheese. The cheese wasn't totally melted (you don't normally see shredded cheese on a burger), but it didn't effect the taste. Overall, a good burger, but I don't know if its one that when I'm craving a burger I would go back to.

J's Philly cheesesteak panini - ribeye steak, same topping as my burger and lots of fresh cut fries. When asked about the sandwich - Js response - it was good, the fries though, they were fresh cut. Needless to say, he didn't rave about it, so I don't think he was in love with it.

Finally the wings:

They did not arrive before our sandwiches and when asked about them, our server had clearly forgotten them. He brought them out as we were about halfway done with our meals. If it was up to me, I would have just said to skip them, but J loves wings (as do I) and he wanted to try them since he ha read about them. We ordered the hot wings and the definition of hot in Ohio for wings is certainly not the same as the definition for hot in the NYC area. These also had a creamy sauce, that was almost as though they already had ranch on them. Also, having to pay extra for blue cheese and celery - that a rip off. We were not impressed. They were good, but nothing like a Thurman's or Press Grill's wings.

Overall, I don't think we will venture out to Jimmy Vs again, except maybe to eat on their back patio. Its big and has a pretty water feature and gets lots of great sun. OK food it always better when eating it on a patio on a summer day. Today was just a bit too chilly and too windy for the patio.

No comments: