Saturday, May 17, 2008

Race for the Cure

This morning I woke up early to run the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. There were supposedly 40,00 people registered to take part in this event. It brought tears to my eyes as I started the race to see so many turn out for such a worthy cause. As a for the event as a runner, it was a bit tough. There were just so many people that I didn't really hit my stride until at least a 1/2 mile in. I also don't know how far I was from the start and how far I was behind when I crossed the start. My final time was somewhere around 38 min, but I know this so well because I had to walk across the finish because it was so jammed up. This is one of the few times I wished I had my own timing device. Needless to say, I am glad I participated in such a great event. I will do it again and again. It was also a fun way to get my training in for today. Next week I am thinking of doing the rescue run. I might run it with Bear or I may just walk it with him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i had a similar experience with the komen race last year which was a bit upsetting...you'd think that they'd have enough of a base of volunteers to make it a great ORGANIZED event. But alas, still an amazing cause :)