Sunday, March 28, 2010

Homemade baby food

So last night I whipped up a bunch of food for munchers (that is the nickname that Joe has given her). It really wasn't that hard. I made sweet potatoes, butternut squash, and acorn squash. They all needed to be baked in the oven for an hour @ 350 so I just baked them all at once. I then pureed them individually and froze them in ice cube trays. This morning I dumped them into freezer bags and we are good to go on food for awhile.

She doesn't always love eating real food though. Yesterday she ate squash with her daddy and gave him a lip about it... But we carry on!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I loved making my own baby food, and always used the ice cube tray for freezing, too. I only have a couple trays, so once frozen, I would dump the cubes into Ziplocs with the type of food Sharpied onto the label. Then when we went out, I would just pop a few cubes into containers (Take N Toss makes some the perfect size), and away we'd go. I don't understand why people think jarred food is easier. Making your own takes almost no time, and you know exactly what baby is eating! Great post.