Monday, June 18, 2012

Handmade gift exchange

In a non-kid related post, I signed up for a handmade gift exchange on craftaholicsanonymous.com. What happens is you are assigned a random person to make a gift for and in return you are sent a handmade gift from someone else. My partner (Vicki) from Houston is a single girl who likes turquoise and grey and owls. She was hoping for something to decorate her new apartment but I couldn't did anything that jumped out at me to help her with that...so, what girl doesn't like a purse? I also noticed that she had pinned a few coin purses on Pinterest so that is how the coin purse was added on, and to top it off a key chain. None of these items is perfect. The purse pattern does not call for wooden handles and between you and me I'd never do them again! The coin purse is harder to put together than it looks because because there is no pattern or good directions and finally the key ring is just... I hope she likes them!

7 comments:

It's Sooo Fluffy said...

I LOVED them! I definitely appreciate that you tried something new. Thanks again :)

carol edge said...

I made basically the same thing for my giftee! Just different fabrics. I saw your pic after I had mailed my gift. I laughed out loud! Someone else had the same idea as me. The fabrics I used where the colors my giftee likes. I would have used different colors if it had been for me. The wood handles were a bear to work with!

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

This is such a cute bag!!

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

I absolutely love the fabric you used! Where did you get it? Thanks for sharing your lovely gift! I'm sure she was so excited to receive it!
happy crafting,
Linda

Country Mouse said...

I love these!!! Great job! I have made many purses w/ wooden handles so I know they can be a "pain" to put on. But you did a wonderful job on this set! I love them!
audrey

Country Mouse said...

I love these! You did a great job! I have made many purses w/ wooden handles and they can be a "pain" to put on!LOL I love owls, and I love this set!:)
audrey

kate said...

Did you show how you made the bag with the wooden handles?
Kate