3 medium eggplants
3/4 Cup parsley (more if needed depending on taste), leaves removed from stems
3 large garlic cloves, cut into thirds
2 to 3 C Italian breadcrumbs depending on consistency
1 1/2 C grated Romano cheese (from Arthur Ave if possible)
olive oil if necessary to add moisture to balls
1. Roast eggplants at 350 degrees for1 hour. To roast, cut in half, score and put a little salt on top.
2. Clean eggplant out from skin and put into large mixing bowl. Add parsley and garlic and process until smooth. Scrape sides down as needed. Process until consistency of hummus - chunky and wet!
3. Remove mixture and return to mixing bowl. Add breadcrumbs and cheese and mix well. Should be the consistency of meatloaf.
4. Roll into balls approx. 1 inch each - ping pong ball size. Place on sprayed cookie sheet
5. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes