Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Thank You for Everything MOM!


This afternoon I drove my mom to the airport and as I watched her walk into the terminal with tears in her eyes, I wished there was more that I could do or say to tell her how incredibly grateful I was for all that she did for me. On a hurt ankle she went up and down the stairs, carrying laundry, the baby, everything. She made my bed, changed my sheets, cooked me meals, did the dishes. Everything.

Not only did she work like crazy while she was here, she was also my emotional rock at all times. She held my hand, rubbed my back, gave me hugs, wiped my tears and supported me throughout all the struggles a new mom faces. I have now become a mom and I hope that over the next 30 years I can grow to become half the woman and the supportive mother that she is to me and my sister.

Mom, I can't tell you how much I love you and thank you for being here. I know I told you over and over, but it was so incredibly special to me that you were here. I can't express how grateful I am for all you did. I just hope for the birth of my next baby, that we won't have to worry about flights home and that you can just drive home :) Cross your fingers.

Love you, Em

No comments: